POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New editor : Re: New editor File Saving Time 3.01 vs 3.1b6 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New editor File Saving Time 3.01 vs 3.1b6
From: K  Tyler
Date: 28 Aug 1998 22:44:02
Message: <35E74E72.5D31FAE1@pacbell.net>
povray.org admin team wrote:

> Does anyone find the new editor in POVWIN beta 6 to be an improvement ?
>
> BTW If there is sufficient interest we will post a new editor DLL that has one
> new feature added since the beta 6 release - it allows you to right-click on a
> #include line and automatically open the file that is being included.

  One major difference between 3.01 and 3.1b6 is the saving speed.

I was working on a file today that was about 6.5 megs in size.

3.01  was able to save after changes in about 2 sec.
3.1b6 was able to save after changes in about 10 - 15 seconds

At least a 10:1 difference.

K.Tyler

My system:
pentium 166 128 megs of ram windows 95 b