POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Recompiling POV for NT and Pentium 2 : Re: Recompiling POV for NT and Pentium 2 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recompiling POV for NT and Pentium 2
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 7 Aug 1998 16:34:39
Message: <35CB5700.EE79F058@iro.umontreal.ca>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Steven Pigeon wrote:
>
> > Hello All.
> >
> >  I've downloaded the source of PovRay and tried to compile
> > it for Windows NT using MsVc 5.0. The goal is to produce a
> > pentium 2 -friendly executable that use all possible optimisations
> > for this cpu.
>
> > MsVc5 rewrites the ressource file (as it was not created by it)
> > and I get a lot of strange beheviors. Open dialogs are really
> > big, it refuses to use the default .ini settings, etc... ?
>
> Well, in this NG was thread about compiling PovRay with VC recently. Look for the
thread
> "Problems Compiling POV 3.01 with Visual C++ 5.0", there are some tips given.
>
> Dialogs big? Ain't it "missing initialization for font structure" error? (see the
above mentioned thread).

No. No warnings. Just, the first time you open the Ressource File, a warning, akin to
"warning. This is not a MsVc5.0- created ressource file. Will rewrite in MsVc5 style."
And with "ok" and "cancel". If you cancel... you can't load the ressource file. Talk
about
choice!

> I had problems with default .ini file settings as well, when tried to run PovRay
with optimizations on. Apparentry file
> parsing function didn't worked correctly, when optimized. My version of splitfn (in
pvmisc.c) is as follows (original version
> used input parameter filename as temporary variable):
>
> --8<------------>8--
> int splitfn (char *filename, char *path, char *name, char *ext)
> {
> }
> --8<------------>8--
> Hope this helps.

Works Better now! Thanks.

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
                                  and wavelets.
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon