POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity troubles in POV. : Re: Radiosity troubles in POV. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity troubles in POV.
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 6 Aug 1998 15:09:31
Message: <35C9EFD5.C8A77470@geocities.com>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> I rendered my first scene that uses radiosity yesterday. So, I'm also
> quite new to it. However, you didn't mention that you have set
> distance_maximum. According to the docs this is essential.
> A description of this parameter is found in section 7.8.9.2.3.

I've been playing around with my image (now that it works, see my other
reply in povray.general) and have come to the conclusion that
distance_maximum doesn't have as much of a bearing on the image as the
docs would have you believe, I tried values ranging from 1 (the distance
to the nearest object in my image) to 30(the total size of everything
visible in my image) and there have been no serious changes in the way
the scene renders.

--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom