POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity troubles in POV. : Re: Radiosity troubles in POV. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity troubles in POV.
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 6 Aug 1998 15:04:34
Message: <35C9EEAC.2B1170FA@geocities.com>
Nieminen Mika wrote:
>   Radiosity parameters are really dificult to understand. I don't understand
> them very well. You have to read the povray documentation very carefully to
> get the right values.
>   I have been playing with radiosity as well, but with much better results.
> You can check them at http://www.iki.fi/warp/pics/Radiosity_test/
>   I can post the radiosity values of those images if you want.

Your images do a great job of showing what radiosity does, are you using
area lights in the top two images?

Thanks for your help but I solved the problem, apparently some kind of
bug (see my other post to povray.general on this thread).

Does anyone know how I can increase the amount of light being diffusely
reflected by a texture without raising the ambient level (My scene has a
wide range of contrast and if I keep the ambient low, there isn't enough
detail in the shadows, if I raise the ambient, the bright areas become
pure white, I need brighter shadows and darker highlights(I never
thought photography would come back to haunt me :-) ).

--
Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom