POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity troubles in POV. : Radiosity troubles in POV. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:01 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity troubles in POV.
From: Chris Maryan
Date: 5 Aug 1998 20:48:51
Message: <35C8EDB5.F9F83764@geocities.com>
I have recently been experimenting with radiosity in POVRay but have had
no success. I am using Moray to control the radiosity settings in a
simple courtyard scene I created to test (based on this image:
http://www.lightscape.com/Contest98/az_honor.jpg, but just a bare bones
version). My problem is that the radiosity rendering is no different
from the raytraced rendering (yes I set POV to radiosity mode). That is,
it does not change any of the areas not lit by direct light, just one
big ambient colour mess, I can't make out any details in it, just what
would happen if I rendered without radiosity. So what am I doing wrong
(Other test renderings of other scenes have similar results)? HELP!!!

Thanks,

Chris Maryan
mailto:cma### [at] geocitiescom
***
My ideas are free,
Work is at least minimum wage.
***
Email me if you are interested in donating
to the Chris Maryan needs money fund,