POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Refraction : Refraction Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:10:28 EDT (-0400)
  Refraction
From: Ted Fisher
Date: 3 Aug 1998 19:19:34
Message: <35C636C3.1923@nag.cs.colorado.edu>
Trying to make a prism.  I'm aware that the light won't separate into
the spectrum, but I just want to see the light bend properly.  I have a
triangular prism set up, but the light passes through it as if it
weren't there.  It should bend based on n1sin(theta1)=n2sin(theta2)
where n is index of refraction and theta is the incident angle.  There
is no bending.  I tried the sphere demo in the docs.  The image seen
through the sphere inverts properly, but beams of light coming directly
from light sources are not distorted.