POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Problems Compiling POV 3.01 with Visual C++ 5.0 : Re: Problems Compiling POV 3.01 with Visual C++ 5.0 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems Compiling POV 3.01 with Visual C++ 5.0
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 30 Jul 1998 14:29:03
Message: <35C0AD8A.1FF78F3B@fv.aetec.ee>
Eric Fausett wrote:

> I feel like a real dolt on this one, but for some reason the output
> executable has to be named pvengine.exe instead of povray.exe.  The project
> file has the output defaulted to povray.exe.  Changing this solved all
> problems.

Damn,  now when You write it, then I recall as well, that I had the very same
problem.

> One more note about the large fonts on the tabs of the editor.  This
> information was provided by Vahur Krouverk in his reply to my question.  I
> thought I'd post it again for completeness.

Well, this info I got from some PovRay NG, this is not my invention.

> This is my first time working with Visual Studio, so I'm learning as I go.
> I'm also a novice at windows programming, so these mistakes may seem very
> trivial, but I hope the info might help someone.

Well, I made my first steps with VC as well by compiling PovRay: at work I use
IBM's compiler, I compiled PovRay with it and with MS one, MS version turned out
to be faster, so I use MS compiler for PovRay hacks.