POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Future PovRay source code availability : Re: Future PovRay source code availability Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future PovRay source code availability
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 4 Aug 1998 14:57:33
Message: <35BF8ACD.539D124C@bigfoot.com>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> Alain CULOS <ZAl### [at] bigfootcom> writes:
>
> > That's one major point : their freedom to do so or not to do so.
>
> Don't get me wrong: I didn't want to say they have to use a bazaar like
> development, but I wanted to understand why they don't. Thorsten's and
> your answers helped me to see that partially they do already and why
> they don't fully. In particular, I think the main reason is your last
> argument:
>
> > Of course it is possible, but that has a cost : time to manage.
> > The POV-Team I guess is more interested in doing the thing for themselves
> > rather than the possibility of not doing it and managing hundreds of
> > developpers worldwide.
>
> Happy tracing
>
> Thomas

I don't think I got you wrong, I was just stating my understanding as clear as I
possibly could given your [I understand, but ...] style statements. Thus said, I
never thought you disrespected the POV-team. I hope some day I'll join them, but
I'm not ready to even consider asking them yet - I have many wild ideas that I
need to study and experiment with before doing anything else ...

Happy tracing to you too,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.