POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How do I get an overhead spotlight to illuminate a dusty room (visible beam)? : Re: How do I get an overhead spotlight to illuminate a dusty room (visible beam)? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I get an overhead spotlight to illuminate a dusty room (visible beam)?
From: Andrew Brannan
Date: 28 Jul 1998 14:48:48
Message: <35BE0F0D.7FC0@email.uc.edu>
Have you tried using a dust halo?

I just recently downloaded POV-RAY, and was working my way through the
tutorial in the Documentation, and there's a section on using halos to
achieve effects like the one you describe. I want to say it's like
section 4.9 or so in the documentation (I don't have the documentation
on me or a copy of POV-RAY handy or I'd actually write code to help you
out)  I haven't read anything about media yet, so I don't know why the
code you have doesn't work.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction!