POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Future PovRay source code availability : Future PovRay source code availability Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:04 EDT (-0400)
  Future PovRay source code availability
From: Eric Paquette
Date: 23 Jul 1998 09:25:37
Message: <35B72BC0.AE7123B7@imag.fr>
Hi,

I started modifiying the PovRay code to test new algorithms as part of my
Ph.D. thesis. Now that version 3.1 is out, I am wondering if I should
continue in this way since it seems quite unsure that the source code will
be available for that and future releases (even for clearly non profit use).

It looks unclear what is the new philosophy of the PovRay team regarding the
source code availability. Will the Unix platforms (SGI, Sun, ...) still be
supported?

I know I could stick with the 3.0 code, but as new features will be added, I
won't be able to read the new pov files.

Any suggestions or comments would be quite welcomed
Eric

= Eric Paquette
= Thesard au laboratoire iMAGIS-GRAVIR/IMAG
= Etudiant Ph. D. infographie, Universite de Montreal
= mailto:paq### [at] iroumontrealca              =
= mailto:Eri### [at] imagfr                 =
= mailto:Eri### [at] InternetAddressCom     =
= http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~paquete
= http://www-imagis.imag.fr/Membres/Eric.Paquette