POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New Povray User... : New Povray User... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  New Povray User...
From: Grey
Date: 20 Jul 1998 15:52:35
Message: <35B39272.D54F7E49@spam.com>
Hey all...

I'm trying my hand at POVRAY by exporting objects from RHINO.

My very first issue is how to inlcude Texture Maps.  Can they be In JPG
format or do they need to be in another format?

I'm having difficulty understanding the Dialog on how they need to be
assigned.

I added the texture map to the following:

#declare Object1Texture = texture {
   pigment { color rgb <1, 1, 1> }
   finish  { ambient 1 diffuse 1 }
}

By adding it thus:

#declare Object1Texture = texture {
   pigment { color rgb <1, 1, 1> }
   finish  { ambient 1 diffuse 1 }
   texutre { texture001.jpg }
}

But of course that didn't work.  I know this is probably very boring
basic stuff for all y'all, but your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian Grey