POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Wall of China Problem : Re: Wall of China Problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:30:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wall of China Problem
From: Reinhard Rettelbach
Date: 12 Jul 1998 06:56:31
Message: <35A8880A.462F@t-online.de>
David Vincent-Jones wrote:

> I am trying to depict a long and complex wall structure that is defined only
> by its center-line in the normal ground plane (x,z)
> The wall has a consistent height (y) and width.
> I am trying to read in this x0,z0,x1,z1......xn,zn array and finish up with
> a povray wall.
>
> Currently the only real solution that I see is to break the wall into
> multiple segments, and calculate a Box element for each leg of the wall
> This is a very tedious solution and creates poor corners.
>
> Any ideas out there.

Hi David,

also try this:

intersection{
height_field {tga "your_landscape_file.tga"
	      texture {your_wall_texture}
	      translate your_wall_height*y
	     }
union {
	box{//a box with appropriate dimensions and something higher
	    // than your_wall_height
	    texture {your_wall_texture}
	    }
	height_field {tga "your_landscape_file.tga"
		      texture {your_landscape_texture}
		     }
      }
           }

It works, I just tried it without appropriate teturing and scaling.

Cheers Reinhard