POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG? : Re: CSG? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:11:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG?
From: Saif Ansari
Date: 8 Jul 1998 13:23:24
Message: <35A39C65.1714@frontiernet.net>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> One other thing you could try to understand your bug better is make your
> objects semi-transparent. I had that problem myself with the difference of
> two objects each being composed of an intersection of others.

Right, thats how I got around it in the first place.  I simply thought
maybe difference wasn't meant to be used in that way (not to make blank
gaps, maybe simply to dig patterns, or maybe not to be used with
pre-CSG-ed objects).  I was content slideing around it with merge of a
transparent object, even if the render time took a bit of a boost.

> This clearly is a bug, although I did not take time to report it when I got
> it, but that makes two of us now as I'm pretty sure your problem is the same
> as mine.

Hum.  Seems rather odd that it would linger for so long without being
detected or reported, haven't the current CSG modifiers been in use
since the Old Days when I wasn't yet born? :) Well, if it is, I guess
detecting it is a Good Thing.  Thanks for the feedback!

> So if the POV-Team or POV-admin is listening, please pass on to the
> programmers team.

Wow, I may contribute to the POV-team :) I feel somewhat special.

> Cheers & regards to all,
> Al.

Many thanks,
Saif.