POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG? : Re: CSG? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG?
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 7 Jul 1998 19:10:57
Message: <35A29423.F80EFD5E@bigfoot.com>
Hi Saif,

One other thing you could try to understand your bug better is make your
objects semi-transparent. I had that problem myself with the difference of
two objects each being composed of an intersection of others.

To make things simple to explain, say you have A, B, C and D all simple
objects (i.e. planes).
Now make E as the intersection of A and B and make F as the intersection of
C and D.
The final object, called G is the difference of F less E.
Making that object G semi-transparent and semi-reflective, putting a sky
sphere that is a gradient (just to make any reflection or transparency
obvious) shows the border line of C and D inside G (if they intersect at all
with the final G object).
Now if you use a merge all spurious border lines disappear.

This clearly is a bug, although I did not take time to report it when I got
it, but that makes two of us now as I'm pretty sure your problem is the same
as mine.

So if the POV-Team or POV-admin is listening, please pass on to the
programmers team.
Cheers & regards to all,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.