POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV with 3D cards and MMX? : Re: POV with 3D cards and MMX? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV with 3D cards and MMX?
From: Brian Mulligan
Date: 4 Jul 1998 04:16:10
Message: <359DD5D7.C3B5A7A@pacinfo.com>
Scott Anderson wrote:

> I was wondering if POV on Windows 95 supports or uses MMX and/or any 3D card
> to improve performance? Also I heard last night from a friend that, the
> speed is only from the CPU and RAM, is this true?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

The Only diference that I have knoticed is that if you are using a card that has
Good Open GL support you may get beter performance with some of the modelers
that Use Open GL and work with POV.  But If you are just ray tracing It really
wont make any diferance at all ecept the TGA image may look real nice when you
vew it with a beter graphics card.