POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Faster extent tests, intersection tests? : Faster extent tests, intersection tests? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:45 EDT (-0400)
  Faster extent tests, intersection tests?
From: Daren Scot Wilson
Date: 4 Jul 1998 04:42:05
Message: <359DA4DD.3CDFE25C@pipeline.com>
What's the cutting-edge, state-of-the-art algorithm for fastest ray
intersection tests?   Have any researcher come up with anything amazing?
Is there the technology to beat POV-Ray's tests?  (It uses octress and
also bounding shapes around each finite object, as I recall from its
source code)

--

Daren Scot Wilson
Member, ACM