POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Announce: Leveller : Announce: Leveller Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Announce: Leveller
From: Taps
Date: 20 Jun 1998 20:07:35
Message: <358C4EC7.7835@sympatico.ca>
Leveller is a free Windows 95/NT terrain/heightfield editor.

Although many people already know about Leveller, this is
the first time I've managed to connect to the povray.org
news server, so I'm finally posting this announcement,
better late than never.

Features include:

- Realtime 3D navigation of terrain.
- Flat/smooth solid shading using OpenGL.
- Grids from 32x32 to 1024x1024.
- Image mapping without rendering in POV-Ray.
- Water level visualization and export.
- Export to POV-Ray as a heightfield or as a triangle mesh.
- Several filters including smooth, clip, rotate, combine,
  plasma fractal, terrace, etc.
- Third-party plug-in filters, and SDK for plug-in authors.
- Full Windows MDI interface. Multiple docs, multiple
  views per document.
- HTML-based documentation available.
- Bryce-like overhead view with painting-style selection tools,
  including mask feathering, mask saving/loading to disk,
  extend/subtract selection, dig/raise/smooth/cratering brushes, etc.
- Import/export to 8-bit and 24-bit TGA bitmaps.
- 32-bit internal terrain format for preserving elevation
  data even when extremely squashed.

What more can I say? Check it out; you won't be disappointed.

  http://www3.sympatico.ca/tapio.vocadlo/leveller