POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A few ideas : Re: A few ideas Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A few ideas
From: Mike Hough
Date: 3 Jun 1998 04:48:45
Message: <35750DED.8B0BDEEE@aol.com>
Hey, thanks alot.  I had noticed that the ultra_wide_angle camera did look
like it would do the projection correctly for a spherical image but it
wouldn't go over what I thought was 180 degrees.   As far as chopping off
the top and bottom of the image, the tests I had done didn't require that,
but I used the 1:2 aspect ratio recommended for spherical images.  I don't
know if that is a factor.   If I get this working I'll try to put a note
about it on my web site eventually (it's under a big reconstruction.  Ugh)
and also some notes on how to view them.   Could make for fun image
exchange.

Happy Raytracing!

-Mike