POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re: Persistent Variables : Re: Persistent Variables Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Persistent Variables
From: Chris Jeppesen
Date: 21 May 1998 14:33:13
Message: <35647369.360B@digiquill.com>
Mathias Broxvall wrote:

> Chris Young <767### [at] compuservecom> wrote:
>

> > As an expansion on your idea, POV-Ray 3.1 will have #fopen, #write,
> > #read, and #fclose.
>
> Interesting..  Now we can have Povray viruses. A povray scene which
> appends itself to one the include files maybe... Just kidding, I don't
> think anyone would (or could) make such a virus.
>
> / Mathias Broxvall
I'd make one (and not release it) just to see if it can be done. I
just can't imagine what one would do with such a thing, malicious or
otherwise.
Chris Jeppesen
Amalthea Distributed Renderer for POV-Ray
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/3392/amalthea.html
EMail I will read: Chr### [at] digiquillcom