POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG thing : Re: CSG thing Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG thing
Date: 21 May 1998 06:29:49
Message: <3564021C.7ABD7DEA@2.sbbs.se>
> Maybe if you explain a bit more on what you do and see?

Ok, I'm creating an ashtray out of a cylinder. First I cut out a big hole in
the cylinder for the ash to be in, and then I use small cylinders on the edges
of the tray for the smoker to put his cigarette in. Kind of half-circle
cutouts (hard to explain, I'm not an expert in english language as you may
have noticed).
Well, I illuminate this pic by placing a point light at the camera, and when I
trace it, a shadow of a cylinder falls in the tray, where there should be a
hole..    hmm would you like me to send the file to you?..

Thanx,
/Rikard