POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Virtual Real Estate Plots FREE!! : Virtual estate plots Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Virtual estate plots
From: Oliver Batchelor
Date: 10 May 1998 01:26:23
Message: <35553A7F.A378FAF2@netaccess.co.nz>
> 1: Scale.  Is 1 unit =25m to tight?  If so what about 1 unit = 10 m,
> or  1 unit = 1 m.?

Definately 1m=1 unit

> 2: Detail level.  I understand and share the concerns about the amount

Well, It realy depends on how big the city is going to be.It could be a
real pain to design when you have to worry about detail all the time.

> 3: The Plane (grass in the basement)  I'll cut a hole in it, and give
> a box as a standard floor which people can cut through and build
> around as they wish.

How can you make holes in objects ?? I dont quite understand
differencing.  :(

> 4: Are the plots the right size ?  At current scale they are about 225
>
> m square.

Would it be possible to have smaller or larger plots ?  or is it just
too difficult because of the roads ?and are you going to have main roads
? or is the whole thing going to be just one big square boring grid !?

> 5: It has been pointed out that excluding image maps will be a real
> pain for certain things.  How best can these be controlled so as to
> avoid duplicate file names?

If 2 are the same just rename one with a 2 or however many of them there
are eg,brick.gif
brick2.gif
brick3.gif

And you would also have to change the texture to the new name in the pov
file.

Also, are you going to test them all out to check weather they are good
enough.
The city could look bad if there are some realy detailed plots and some
realy basic ones.

|                      Oliver
Batchelor                                                   |
|          Email :
Bat### [at] netaccessconz                                         |
http://users.netaccess.co.nz/Batch/                           |