POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Problem DEM2POV/DEM2TGA? : Re: Problem DEM2POV/DEM2TGA? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem DEM2POV/DEM2TGA?
From: Roger
Date: 4 May 1998 11:33:41
Message: <354DDFD6.253@student.canberra.edu.au>
After doing some more work with demtotga I found that there appears to
be a problem with the calculation of normalization.  When I tried to use
it on an area around the Jordan Valley (Middle East) the normalisation
value came up as 0. I believe this was because the low point and high
point values are equal in this region. (The Jordan valley is the lowest
land on earth.)  At a guess I would say that the problem is that the low
point needs to be made absolute before using it in the normalisation
calculation?

Could you please make the source code available so that I can study the
code.  I am considering customising it specifically for my needs.

Thanks
Roger.