POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug Report : Re: Bug Report Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:25:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug Report
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 25 Apr 1998 18:11:41
Message: <35425F9D.198635AE@bigfoot.com>
Hi Steve,

Eventually you give yourself a name or an alias at least. Whether it is the real one
has little relevance, but I appreciate saying 'Hi Steve' rather than 'Hi ?'.

You seem to be giving a bit into 'paranoia', please notice I said 'a bit'.
Some people may have replied as if you were 15, does that mean everybody thought you
were ? Besides, some 15 y olds behave more adult like than you did so far and some of
them are well able to find out bugs.

People who behave more like adults and did not have time to study the bug in question
or did not know how to solve it just did not bother replying, I guess, to avoid saying
something for nothing.

People here do not necessarily know the thing inside out otherwise what use would it
be to share problems in a newsgroup ? The point is to help complete each other's
knowledge isn't it ?

You are still so proud you have found the bug and the correction, you still keep it to
yourself. Lots of very nice lads gave you POV-Ray for free and 'this simple bug' (your
own words) shall be kept a secret to the community, I do not believe this is an adult
behaviour. You maybe 30 but you still behave as some 15 years old.

You are free not to share your findings, but in that case don't expect people to be
willing to share theirs with you - even if this is not adult behaviour either. Yet you
will find a lot who are ready to share evrything they find about POV-Ray and more.

Make up your mind, being in this newsgroup really is about sharing, when you can do
so.

Sorry for the 'lesson of moral', I hope I have been mild enough not to hurt and firm
enough so that you understand how to grow up a bit from your present position.

With all due respect,
Cheers,
Al.

[?] alias [Steve Horn] alias ? wrote:

> Ronald L. Parker wrote:
> >
> > Either that, or Mr. Horn could grace us with a description of the
> > error in the program, rather than wasting our time and his telling us
> > about the error of our ways.
> >

> POV-Ray 3.02 running under Win95 has an ability to trace an image in
> several passes, with increasing resolution on each pass; the "mosaic
> preview" feature.   When using radiosity, POV-Ray will automatically use
> mosaic previews during rendering to help the radiosity adapt to the
> particulars of the scene.

<Snip>

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.