POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Bug Report : Re: Bug Report Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:12:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bug Report
From: ?
Date: 24 Apr 1998 22:41:54
Message: <35414D72.638A@pop.service.ohio-state.edu>
Ronald L. Parker wrote:

> specify more than one, does the brightness bug happen in the second
> pass, or only in the last (1x1) pass?  Make sure you specify a
> start/end of 8/4, or POV will second-guess you.

Only in the last 1x1 pass, in all cases.

> opts.Radiosity_Brightness = 3. / gather_gray;
>
> See that 3?  What does the 3 mean?  I don't know either.  It should
> probably read
>
> opts.Radiosity_Brightness /= gather_gray;

They thought that the 3. was a prime brightness and that better values,
depending on the scene, were LESS than 3!!  This was a sweeping
assumption indeed!   I would actually remove this line altogethor, and
let the user decide brightness.  Or better yet, have the user toggle
whether POV uses an adaptive method for the setting or not.

> se.  It's in one of the main render loops.  See how easy it got when
> we had a description to go on?

Where can I get the source for the WIN95 v3.02 ??  The DOS version code
is on the www,  but I can't find the win95 version.  Help! :p

Steve Horn