POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Insignia in POV-ray : Insignia in POV-ray Server Time
26 Apr 2024 22:38:45 EDT (-0400)
  Insignia in POV-ray
From: Chris Jeppesen
Date: 24 Apr 1998 13:03:05
Message: <3540C5C9.37D3@digiquill.com>
I'm working on a Saturn 5 model, and I'm trying to paint the insignia on
it. USA, Flags, etc.

I was wondring if there is a way to model these markings in CSG, instead
of using an image_map.

What I was thinking is a "texture intersection." Imagine a cylinder and
a box overlapping in space. Only show the cylinder, but color it white
on points outside the box, and red inside.

Can this be done? Is there another way?

Thanks in advance.
Chris Jeppesen
Go see my Orbital Mechanics Explained Page!
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/3392/
EMail I will read: Chr### [at] digiquillcom