POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Non-standard compile of POV-Ray : Re: Non-standard compile of POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-standard compile of POV-Ray
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 23 Apr 1998 19:19:51
Message: <353fcc13.597609265@news.povray.org>
On 23 Apr 1998 15:58:38 GMT, "Lloyd J Robinson, Jr" <ljr### [at] sbscorpcom>
wrote:

>IIRC, the Apple II series was a 8 bit machine with about 48K of ram
>installed. It will take a long time to produce an image using that system,
>assuming that you can get the code small enough to fit in memory.

The //gs was the last Apple II made.  It featured a 65C02
microprocessor, and it might have been able to address 128K or more of
RAM.  Still, POV on that thing, if you could get it running, would be
like watching paint dry.  POV on my old 68K Amiga was bad enough.

Suggestion: find a good, used 286.  It'll run rings around a //gs and
cost next to nothing.