POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : soliciting suggestions re: tga to avi/mpeg : Re: soliciting suggestions re: tga to avi/mpeg Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: soliciting suggestions re: tga to avi/mpeg
From: PoD
Date: 22 Apr 1998 13:21:20
Message: <353E2710.31EB@merlin.net.au>
Gary Shannon wrote:

> I'm not real happy with the DOS tga to avi and tga to mpeg utilities I've
> found so far, and I'm designing a Windows based script-driven movie editor
> to do the job right (I hope).  What I have in mind is a scripted conversion
> process.  Here's a sample script showing some of the proposed capabilites.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions for features and capabilities they'd like to
> see in such a program.  (BTW: I'm a programmer with 35+years experience, so
> I think I can pull it off <grin>)

	< sample snipped>

Sounds like a pretty cool idea.
I only looked briefly at the sample script but if you could post a
syntax definition, I think it would be easier to see what features
you've already come up with.

I don't think I saw x,y offsets for overlayed images.
How about loops
	loop{ scene{ ... } loops(3) } or such like.

Well I'm looking forward to seeing it up and running :)
Cheers,
	PoD.