POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : image_map... : image_map... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:12 EDT (-0400)
  image_map...
From: Saif Ansari
Date: 19 Apr 1998 19:39:59
Message: <353A8B4F.ADA@frontiernet.net>
I'm trying to use a basic gif image for a map on a block, but I get the
following error...

"error: Interlacing in GIF image unsupported."

Here is the code I'm using...

box { <-2, 0, -.5> <2, 5, .5>
  pigment {
    image_map {
      gif "<file-name>.gif"
    }
  }
}

I just wanted to get a feel for how the process worked before putting in
the modifiers, but couldn't even get that far.  What am I doing wrong? I
do have the image in the same directory as the POV file.  I've even
tried two or three different image files...

Any help is much appreciated and needed.

Thank you,
Saif