POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PovPad 2.0 is out : Re: PovPad 2.0 is out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovPad 2.0 is out
From: --=[ PI ]=--
Date: 16 Apr 1998 02:29:44
Message: <3535A558.4814@wco.com>
Philip Scott wrote:

> Yeah, I thought about that but because I use the Jet database for a
> couple of key features, I have to include that.  That thing is massive.
> There are like 22 system files.  Ideally, there would be some kind of
> install program which would start up, find out what version the user has
> (if at all), and then downloads as nessasary.  I wish I knew more C.
>
> Has anyone had trouble downloading it?  What are some reactions?  I need
> input here people :)
>
> Twyst wrote:
> >
> > Philip Scott wrote in message <3520B157.255FBB62@thepoint.net>...
> >
> > >The actually setup file is huge, almost 3 megs.  But most of the files
> > >are system files, so they won't need to be redownloaded for upgrades.
> > >If there was a way around this, I'd do it.
> > >

> > Well, I also program in Visual Basic, and there IS a way to avoid a huge
> > install file.
> > When you do the setup, simply remove msvb50.dll ( spellage?) and put it in a
> > separate zip.
> >
> > anyone who already has it, won't need to download it, but those who don't,
> > can still get it.
> >
> > Twyst================================
> > EFnet and IRCnet #povray Channel Operator
> > Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
> > E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom
> > =====================================

The new version looks absolouteley awesome but .....

... I get major lag at "loading color list". In fact, I have been
sitting here for five minutes and it hasn't changed yet.

System : win 95 v4.00.950 ... 12mbram ... 96% resources ... FS=32bit /
VM=32bit ... No Disk Compression Installed. No PCMCIA sockets.

Display Adapter is Cirrus Logic (yeah, I know they suck) 4.10.00.1555 -
I think that's the one Direct X installed (v5) .... the SVGA driver for
it though is the versions that w95 itself installs - 4.00.950

Startup folder : empty
WIN.INI : LOAD=BLANK ... RUN=BLANK

.... in other words, I'm running CLEAN!

CTRL+ALT+DEL .... brings up .... EXPLORER .... and ... SYSTRAY - nothing
more than expected there .....

AUTOEXEC.BAT = empty
CONFIG.SYS= just himem ....

Tried booting in safe mode .... nope ....

... anyone else had a similar problem?

Rafe Magnuson
mag### [at] wcocom
http://www.wco.com/~magnuson