POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Throughly Clueless : Re: Throughly Clueless Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Throughly Clueless
From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 10 Apr 1998 08:04:05
Message: <352e0697.9466663@203.103.185.50>
On Thu, 09 Apr 1998 20:09:40 -0400, Allan Middleton
<ami### [at] sonetiscom> wrote:

>Ingo Guenther wrote: <CUT>
>
>> Would be the same to force any company producing a compiler for a special
>> programming language to add a 'new user quick learn' tutorial to the language
too.If
>> someone knows how to handle *.POV files by hand (or brain) and is able to read the
PoV
>> docs, he/she will (of course) find some features not implemented in Moray, but
never
>> ask for a good documentation.

Hi Allan! Correct, Ingo Guenther wrote that.

>> Some of us find the scripting language of POV counter-intuitive and are not
programmers
>> but budding artists. This is where Moray comes in. It provides a 3D GUI that is
much more
>> intuitive. I think that all great software deserves great documentation.

Uhm, not correct, Ingo Guenther never wrote that. Look, if I had not
read Ingo Guenther's message, I would think now, he finds the
scripting language of POV counter-intuitive. But he will probably
strongly disagree on that assertion. So, if you cite more than one
person in a message, you should make it known, in that there are
a differnet number of preceding signs, like >>>. If you use Free Agent
for instance, this is done automatically, as the thread develops from
one message to the next. I find this habit, to cut and paste different
stages of a thread disturbing and misleading, it is a violation of
netiquette. If you must do it at all, precede cites from other persons
with a 'And xxx yyy said:' or something similar, and everything is
clear.

>A note to Lutz: I realize that you are very busy right now and I would not hold up
progress
>but please keep the docs in mind over the next few months/years.

snipped for bravity

>Allan

steff