POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : POV-Motif new website address : Re: POV-Motif new website address Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Motif new website address
From: William D  Hayden
Date: 7 Apr 1998 21:57:41
Message: <352AD995.2609@computek.net>
Redaelli,

You will indeed need Motif if you want to port to Linux 68K.  I bought
mine from Red Hat for $150 US.  I don't know what that is in Lira.
There is a freeware product called Lesstif (www.lesstif.org) that
emulates the Motif API.  It isn't finished yet, and failed miserably on
POV-Motif.  It also failed to properly run anything of mine but the most
rudimentary applications.  Still, that was 9 months ago.  It may be
better now.

As for the port to Linux itself, I had little trouble with it.
POV-Motif has been successfully compiled on Solaris, SunOS, HP/UX, and
Linux.  Amazing what POSIX/SVR5/X/Motif compliance will do.  Getting the
makefile to find everything and supporting the static link were the only
real problems.

If you do manage to get a port, send me the executable so I can post it
on the website.

Thanks for your interest in POV-Motif.

Regards,

--