POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb> : Re: CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb> Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG-Union vs. Merge |????<image-37kb>
From: Tony Vigil
Date: 7 Apr 1998 05:09:14
Message: <3529ED39.886DDD7A@gte.net>
It appears that you have made a difference (a larger sphere minus a
smaller sphere), made copies of the CSG object, then unioned one set and
merged another another set.  I made this object in the first image by
doing a merge of the two smaller spheres and a merge of the two larger
spheres.  Then I did a difference of the two CSG objects and a box
(cube).

The object in the second image was much simpler to create.  I made two
spheres with the hollow function activated.  I created a CSG merge
object of the two spheres.  Next, I created a CSG difference object of
the previous CSG object & the box (cube).  Note that the box's texture
was made with a simple single color pigment with 100% transparency.

[Image]  [Image]

David wrote:

>  Hi All,     I seem to be having some trouble with CSG merges in Moray
> for Windows.     Attached is a image that I basically copied out of
> "Raytracing Worlds with Pov-Ray 2.2" book. As I understand it, the
> "Merge" image should be completely hollow.     I made this image as a
> test after other merges I attempted seem to fail, Is this a bug in
> Moray or am I something important?     BTW, Sorry if posting binaries
> here is wrong. But, I figure this is the best place since I use Moray
> and haven't figure out Pov_ray script yet. Thanks,David

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (3 KB) Download 'c:\windows\temp\nsmail3e.jpeg.jpg' (6 KB) Download 'c:\windows\temp\nsmailr1.jpeg.jpg' (5 KB)

Preview of image 'c:\windows\temp\nsmail3e.jpeg.jpg'
c:\windows\temp\nsmail3e.jpeg.jpg

Preview of image 'c:\windows\temp\nsmailr1.jpeg.jpg'
c:\windows\temp\nsmailr1.jpeg.jpg