POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Slope dependent textures : Re: Slope dependent textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slope dependent textures
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 6 Apr 1998 14:23:23
Message: <35291bfc.19006359@10.0.2.33>
On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:14:23 +0200, Hans-Detlev Fink
<hdf### [at] pecosno-spamde> wrote:

>If you want to give it a try: the patch is available
>at ftp://user.pecos.de/pub/povray. It contains a readme
>and two patch files (in unified diff format). One is for
>plain POV 3.02 source, the other one is for 3.02 source that
>contains R. Suzuki's iso-surface patch (beta-18).

Very nice.  Mind if I add it to my superpatch?  I'll give proper
credit when I finally make the superpatch available.

Also, in your Readme file, I see:

>  Example: slope y
>This is what everyone associates with slopes in
>landscapes. For all surface elements that are horizontal
>slope returns 1.0. All vertical parts return 0.5 and all
>'anti-horizontal' surfaces (pointing downwards) return
>0.0.

Doesn't a slope of 1.0 correspond to a "vertical" surface, while 0.5
corresponds to "horizontal?"