POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Have questions about Moray : Re: Have questions about Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Have questions about Moray
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 5 Apr 1998 09:13:23
Message: <35278286.899223@news.stmuc.com>
Hi Jonathan Marchi, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> - How do I do an Image Texture? It didn't work when I tried.
You'll have to be a bit more specific about what you did and how that
didn't work.

Basically, you create a Standard texture, Add a Pigment, Add an
ImageMap to the pigment and set the filename of the imagemap.

> - How do I make a sky with clouds or a starfield?
Hmmm. I think you should create a sphere, scale it really large, make
it hollow, and then assign a starfield texture to it.

> - Seems that Moray can do imports and exports. Can *.pov extensions be
> ported to the *.mdl or vice versa?
No and yes. POV cannot be converted to MDL, since POV-Ray uses a
rather complex and proprietry parser and it's difficult to read.
MDL can be converted to POV by pressing Ctrl-F9 in Moray.

> And could objects in lightwave be converted to Moray?
Well, sort of. The utility 3DWin that comes with Moray can convert
Lightwave files to a POV-Ray INC and Moray UDO file pair, which you
can then use in Moray.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  CIS   : 100023,2006