POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : PovPad 2.0 is out : PovPad 2.0 is out Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  PovPad 2.0 is out
From: Philip Scott
Date: 31 Mar 1998 04:03:19
Message: <3520B157.255FBB62@thepoint.net>
Well, I've finally (thank god) released PovPad 2.0.  For those old
people who remember back in the day when PovPad had came out, you'll
remember that it was kinda neat.  And it still is kinda neat.  But it
was rather buggy and looked like crap on Win95.

Well, I started to make it into a 32 bit app, and then real life took
over and then I became addicted to Quake, but now I'm better and PovPad
2.0 is out.

The actually setup file is huge, almost 3 megs.  But most of the files
are system files, so they won't need to be redownloaded for upgrades.
If there was a way around this, I'd do it.

Anyways, please, please give PovPad another chance (there are some damn
cool things I think).  At least checkout the screenshots.

What is PovPad (REALLY brief abstract)
A FREE text based editor for Pov-Ray that does neat-o stuff.  Open big
files, editor, etc, etc. and easily render them too.

More at the web page

This program is also a beta (kinda).  It works great, but I haven't had
much time to really test it.  So if you encounter any bug I beg of you
to tell me about them.  Contact me at phi### [at] thepointnet

The web page is at http://wwww.thepoint.net/~philip/povpad/index.htm