POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More Bas Relief : Re: More Bas Relief Server Time
17 Aug 2024 20:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More Bas Relief
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 27 Aug 2001 00:10:39
Message: <3520752.OvIyEGJBEo@3-e.net>
A grime shader would bring out the detail in a natural looking way.
Basically the color should get darker on concave areas where there is a
large normal variance over a sampled area. You could limit this to normals
within a certain range of "up" if you with to simulate the fallout of
pollution collecting in surface details.

Has anyone done this in POV yet?