POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How to use .inc files : Re: How to use .inc files Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to use .inc files
From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 28 Mar 1998 21:04:26
Message: <351db916.72212617@203.103.185.50>
On Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:21:53 +0100, Steven Kroeger
<ste### [at] interquestde> wrote:

>I want to use some textures I downloaded from from the povray site. They
>are all .inc files and so far I haven't been able to get Moray to use
>them.
>Can someone help me out here?
>
>Thanks Steven Kroeger
>
>P.S. I'm an extremely new user (4 days) please bare with me.

There is a utility tool called POV2mdl by Thomas Baier

at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thbaier

                     What POV2MDL does

       POV2MDL converts scene files from POV-Ray's POV to MORAY's MDL
format.

I cite what it does for textures:

For importing textures only into moray 2.0 there is a command line
       option: -t

       e.g.
              POV2MDL -t colors.pov

       Only textures (used and not used) are converted.
       Attention: some texture definitions are not ready for
converting
       with POV2MDL:

       e.g.
                #declare Jade = pigment { ..... }

       POV2MDL converts only complete texture definitions. In this
case
       you have to complete the definition with a texture statement:

       e.g.
                #declare Jade_Txt = texture { pigment { Jade } }

steff