POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : FONT3D face and side pigment : FONT3D face and side pigment Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:14:47 EDT (-0400)
  FONT3D face and side pigment
From: Richard Keuneke
Date: 29 Mar 1998 01:57:27
Message: <351DF0D7.7C3E@proaxis.com>
I've used FONT3D to create a 3-d font and am having trouble with

making the face and side pigments in different colors.   I've tried

using a declare statement but am not sure how to call it in the

object's description.

#declare FaceTexture =
  texture  {
     pigment { Red }
  }

#declare SideTexture =
  texture  {
     pigment { Gray60 }
  }

object {COPIES_STR
   scale <20.0, 20.0, -14.0>
    texture {                         /*  what do I put here?
    }
         finish {
           ambient 0.6
           diffuse 0.2
         }
   translate <0.0, 0.0, 10.0>
   no_shadow
}

I otherwise get a nice 3d font of all one color with the sides

slightly shaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.