POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Vertex colouring with interpolation : Vertex colouring with interpolation Server Time
6 Sep 2024 14:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Vertex colouring with interpolation
From: Warren Baird
Date: 21 Mar 1998 14:18:59
Message: <351412A3.62DA842B@hotmail.com>
Hi all,

I'm interested in using POVray to render scientific visualization
datasets (specificaly computational fluid dynamics data).  The problem
is that with CFD data you normally want to specify the colours on a
per-vertex basis, and have the colours interpolated over the polygons.
Is there any way to do this kind of thing in POVray?  I've looked
through the docs, and the only colour specification I've seen has been
for entire objects, or individual polygons.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Warren

Warren Baird, B.Math                           Visualization Developer
wjb### [at] hotmailcom                            AEA Technology-ASC
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada