POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Minor bugs, at least on MY system :/ ( and some suggestions) : Minor bugs, at least on MY system :/ ( and some suggestions) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:31:06 EDT (-0400)
  Minor bugs, at least on MY system :/ ( and some suggestions)
From: Twyst
Date: 5 Mar 1998 03:10:55
Message: <34fe50ae.0@news.povray.org>
Well, I've been using Moray for a while now, and I've noticed at least 2
bugs..

1) if you click on the status bar, by the X,Y,and Z "Buttons" ( if that's
what they are)
  OR press X, Y,or Z( to lock that axis) the status bar blanks that area
right out, and appears to do a "Reset", also, I no longer can tell which
axes are locked.

2) When PovRay is rendering from Moray, it keeps making multiple render
windows, often one on top of another, so when you close one, there is yet
another below it, of a different point in that render..
I've had as many as 20 windows piled up.

3) not so much a bug, as a "Wish".. Whenever you use a taper sweep, etc.. It
writes a "file.in1" file.. In my LAST scene.. I had 20+ of these.. which is
a bit of a hassle.. a function that would collate these into 1, would be
EXTREMELY usefull.. especially when you tweak in Pov-Ray's editor.

4) sorta related to 3.. a "dummy" object.. basically, an object that when
exported to pov, isn't really an object, but appears as a comment with
location/rotation/scaling information.. as opposed to a box, where if you do
a "preview" from Moray.. it gets in the way. Maybe even make it so you can
define a "dummy/inc" pair, like a UDO object, that you can set "Tags" for,
in a "Comment" field.. so you could include declares etc for stuff like
Chris Colefax's Lens Effects file, among others.. ( make it simply dump the
comment field to the .pov file, thus obviating the need to custom-support
each plugin. )

5) a configurable "tool" menu.. so you can launch programs from within
Moray.. a feature that I use OFTEN in PoV-Ray..

I realize that some of these are just pipe dreams, and it may seem like I am
"slagging" Moray..
Not true! it is a FINE piece of software, one that I plan on registering
ASAP.
Great Job, guys!

EFnet and NewNet #povray Channel Operator
Website: http://twyst.home.ml.org
E-Mail: twy### [at] v-wavecom