POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Making holes in walls... : Re: Making holes in walls... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making holes in walls...
From: Jesam lud? A?
Date: 3 Mar 1970 17:54:14
Message: <34fc8a16.0@news.povray.org>
Ingo Guenther (ing### [at] REMOVEnetcolognede) wrote:
: Hello!
:
: >: It also helps to take the time to read the documentation <g>.
: >:
: >Ho! Where is that exactley in docs? I've been translating the manuals to
: >Croatian, and didn't found any examples of it...
:
: I suppose he was speaking about the _PoV_ documentation. There you can find
: anything about CSGs - I hope noone expects the Moray DOCs to include the
: entire PoV DOC stuff.

Well, i suppose you're right... Although that should be covered in the
Tutorial section of moray...

:
: >And, the question I keep asking.... How can I change the axis of rotation of
: >an object...
:
: Put it into a group (maybe with including a little dummy object - f.e. placed
: inside the real one - to avoid PoV warnings) rotate and translate it until
: the wished rotation axis of the object lies on the z-axis of the group -
: done!
: Now you can rotate the group which is equivalent to rotating the basic object
: around the desired axis of rotation. You may 'ungroup in place' it later, if
: you don't need to modify it again.
:

That's what I've been looking for. That should definitley go into the Moray
manuals!

	Mike
--
Ovo je moj signacur fajl...