POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : 'Decals'? : Re: 'Decals'? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Decals'?
From: Stefan Blandow
Date: 2 Mar 1998 06:12:26
Message: <34fa922d.2674004@203.103.185.50>
On Sun, 01 Mar 1998 20:34:02 -0800, "Bryan R. Carroll"
<NoS### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I recently downloaded a wireframe of an aircraft that was created in 3D
>Studio and had, included with it, markings as graphics files; .jpgs I
>believe. The idea was to give the aircraft a simple white or gray paint
>scheme and apply the 'US Air Force' markings over that. I've never used
>3DS, so I presume that this is possible there.
>My question is, is this possible in Moray for Windows? If so, I can
>think of about a million ways to use this technique!
>Thanks,
>--Bryan

Create a new texture, call it the name of your 'plakate' intended.
Create a pigment. From the pigment line, create an imagemap. Here you
are. On the upper right of the Texture Editor, you see the line to
fill in the name of the bitmap to use. You can use .gif, .tga, .png,
which is an absolutely lossless replacement for .jpg, and possibly a
few other types. It should be in the docs mentioned. Then you have the
choice to map it spherical, planar, cylindrical, toroidal. The 'air
force' example would be planar. Just check out all the features.

steff