POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Dual-Processor Support under NT4.0 SP3??? : Dual-Processor Support under NT4.0 SP3??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:15:43 EDT (-0400)
  Dual-Processor Support under NT4.0 SP3???
From: Peter Teuns
Date: 26 Feb 1998 08:09:49
Message: <34f56a53.0@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

    when rendering with Povray under NT on a dual-processor machine and
watching the CPU-performance, I found out, that the total CPU-usage does not
exceed 50%. Anyway, both CPUs are in use, but seem not to work at the same
time but alternating (looks funny :) ). Is there a patch for POVRay to use
both CPUs at full power (I guess it would improve the rendering speed
drastically), or did I misconfigure something on my NT-System?

    Every help is appreciated!!!

        Best regards from Cologne, Pete.