POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New idea to complex objects : Re: New idea to complex objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New idea to complex objects
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 11 Feb 1998 08:48:06
Message: <34e2ab4c.2870096@10.0.2.33>
On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:26:54 +0100, mbr### [at] swipnetse (Mathias Broxvall)
wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>Yesterday while rendering my scene with 4000 blobs I got
>an idea to a *usefull* object in povray and some of the
>algorithms for it. What if I greate a particle object
>relying on something related to the Noise function already
>existing. What I think is this:

Have you checked out what you can do with the isosurface patch using
the noise function?  It's possible to make a spongy-looking thing
without even trying too hard.  To make a pile of particles doesn't
seem like it'd be too much harder.  You might experiment with this and
see if it can be made to do what you want before you try to create a
whole new object.