POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : To Francois : Re: correction Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: correction
From: Stephen Horn
Date: 25 Jan 1998 09:34:48
Message: <34cb4ba6.329848876@news.povray.org>

>Try modifying your global settings with something other then <1,1,1>
under
>"ambient_light color rgb <?,?,?>"
>
>Paul Hinds
>gri### [at] swbellnet

This DOES NOT fix the problem for values above or below 1.0  Above
1.0, radiosity affects _totally_ disappear.  Below 1.0, I get the same
old problem.
Sorry.  The fact is that the brightness value is ACTUALLY changing
back to 3.3 during rendering.   I have been programming in ray tracing
since I was in high school and I know that POVray's radiosity works by
using a multiplier on already-existing ambient values of a surface.
(Note that having ambient values of zero on surfaces causes POV's
radiosity to dissappear.)  A larger "brightness"  increases the
multiplier on the ambient value before it is returned upwards to the
renderer.  This is how I know the effect I am seeing is caused the
brightness value.
The bug remains!