POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Building povwin : Re: Building povwin Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Building povwin
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 16 Jan 1998 16:25:19
Message: <34c0ce86.3309298@10.0.2.33>
On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:20:23 -0700, Dave Tucker <dav### [at] altatechcom>
wrote:

>I'm trying to build povray for windows using VC 5.0.  I've been able to
>build the source using the included project file.  However, povwin_s.zip
>doesn't seem to include the source to EDITDLL.DLL.

You're not going to like this... the source is included, in the
povray3/source/windows/delphi directory.  It's written in Delphi, and
if I remember correctly it requires at least one third-party control
that is not included.

>Also, I have been playing around with POV for a few years now but haven't
>had the time to do any real complicated renderings.  I am trying to get
>a feel for just how fast our machins are (600MHz ) but they don't have
>much of a problem with my simple pictures.  Does anyone have any
>"hard" renderings they are willing to share the source to?  I am looking
>for something that renders in  hours or even days.

Try poking around http://www.irtc.org .  Many of the images there
include source, and most are quite complicated.  Many also include the
artist's rendering time and what kind of machine was used.