POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Walnut Creek and POV CD-ROM's : Re: Walnut Creek and POV CD-ROM's Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Walnut Creek and POV CD-ROM's
From: povray org admin team
Date: 9 Jan 1998 06:03:34
Message: <34b70401.3691397@news.povray.org>
new### [at] povrayorg (povray.org admin team) wrote:

>It has come to our attention that Walnut Creek CD-ROM are in the process of
>putting together a POV CD-ROM. We would like to make it clear to the user
>community that the POV-Team is in no way associated with such a CD, nor does it
>endorse it. It is simply 'a' POV CD.
>
>Please do not confuse this 'new' CD (not yet in production) with the older
>(1995) 'Official POV-Ray CD-ROM', also from Walnut Creek. The Official POV-Ray
>CD-ROM was endorsed by the POV-Team but has not been updated and nor (it seems)
>will it be given that Walnut Creek are doing their own one. This new CD is not
>based on the old one.
>
>This posting has been made to ensure that members of the POV community who come
>across this CD (or who are asked to contribute to it) do not make the natural
>assumption that, since it is from Walnut Creek, it is an update to the Official
>POV CD or somehow has our official endorsement.
>
>[Please do not construe this posting as indicating that we are against it,
>either - we are neutral. We simply want to ensure that there is no confusion
>between the old and new CD's.]
>
>regards,
>
>-- POV-Team

There have been some queries as to whether or not the sales of this CD-ROM will
assist the POV-Ray and IRTC Web sites. The answer is 'no'. It is a totally
independent production being made by Walnut Creek CD-ROM and we are in no way
involved with it, and nor will we (or our web server) benefit from it. The cost
of this server continues to be borne by a member of the POV-Team.

regards,

-- POV-Team