POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Animation !!!HELP!!! : Re: Animation !!!HELP!!! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation !!!HELP!!!
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 5 Jan 1998 09:54:39
Message: <34b1f3af.5886954@10.0.2.33>
On Fri, 02 Jan 1998 18:06:26 -0700, Pug <blk### [at] ronannet> wrote:

>PS. This may sound stupid, but i've only been animating for about 3 days
>now.    When i render an animation say a ball rolling across the screen,
>I get about 20 tga files that i must compile using "Daves .T.A". now how
>do i compile them so i get one .flc instead of 20 .flcs that i must then
>put into a script and view with AAPLAY? Is POV supposed to render on tga
>which you convert (in that case i'm doing somthing wrong in my file code
>and .inc files. OR do i somehow just hilight and drop all the tga files
>into DTA???

It's been a while since I used DTA, but I know it needs to be run from
a DOS prompt.  If your scene files are named test00.tga .. test19.tga
you type a command like "DTA test*.tga" along with whatever options
are appropriate (I forget which, if any, options you need - just type
DTA by itself to get a list.)