POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New idea to complex objects : Re: 'Just bang the rocks together guys' :-) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 'Just bang the rocks together guys' :-)
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 11 Feb 1998 14:49:35
Message: <34E200CE.4FC2F948@reading.ac.uk>
Ronald L. Parker wrote:

> Have you checked out what you can do with the isosurface patch using
> the noise function?  It's possible to make a spongy-looking thing
> without even trying too hard.  To make a pile of particles doesn't
> seem like it'd be too much harder.  You might experiment with this and
> see if it can be made to do what you want before you try to create a
> whole new object.

Well, here's a scene I just Hitched together. (Asteroids ... 'Just bang
the rocks together guys!' ... Sheesh! Sorry about that. Obscure, probably
misquoted, literary reference a la Douglas Adams. It's been a long day.
Honestly <sob, sob> I'm not usually this bad.)

Anyhow, here's the image and code.

        Byeeee,
            Mike Andrews.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'asteroid.jpg' (16 KB) Download 'asteroid.pov.txt' (1 KB)

Preview of image 'asteroid.jpg'
asteroid.jpg