POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : HELP!! POVRAY QUESTIONS??? : HELP!! POVRAY QUESTIONS??? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  HELP!! POVRAY QUESTIONS???
From: Jeremy Hartmann
Date: 10 Feb 1998 13:40:50
Message: <34E09F32.F6CA22F8@axiomsmt.com>
Good morning PovRay Users,
  I have a questions regarding the ripples function in Pov-Ray. I have a

smile that basically looks like this.  KEYBOARD ART TIME!

         O     O
       o           o
         ooooo
(Probably won't look good when it is xferred over but it's a smiley
face.)

Okay it looks something like that.  Anyway, I used the ripples property
on the plane that this smiley face sits on.  It looks like the spheres
are floating in water.  The ripples property placed it's point of
origin  at 0,0,0 I believe.  Is there a way that I create a rippled
effect coming from each sphere so it looks more realistic?  Any info
will be appreciated.

            Thank You,
               Jeremy Hartmann